We were recently informed that the Affordable Connectivity Program will no longer be accepting applications or enrollments. They have also let us know that funding for the program is expected to be running out and is not slated for new funding.
What this means to you as a Boycom customer:
- If you are currently already enrolled and receiving payments to your account for the ACP, you will continue to do so until funding runs out. They are saying the current date for that is April 2024, but is subject to change.
- Your bill will not change, but you will no longer see the ACP payment applied to your account after the funding ends, which will result in a higher balance due.
- If you are on a larger package, you are welcome to lower your package in order to keep your payment lower. We offer three packages on internet as follows.
- 30 Mbps/3 Mbps for $49.95
- 50 Mbps/5 Mbps for $69.95
- 100 Mbps /20 Mbps for $99.95
Why can I not apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) after February 7, 2024?
Due to a lack of additional funding from Congress, the ACP stopped accepting new applications as of February 7, 2024. Funding for the program is projected to run through April 2024. This date is an estimate and may change.
When will my ACP benefit end?
If you applied for the ACP and signed up with an internet company prior to February 7, 2024, then you will continue to receive your benefit for now. An end date for the program has not been announced.
If you have any questions related to the federal government ending this program, please refer to https://www.fcc.gov/affordable-connectivity-program-consumer-faq.
We would like to thank everyone for using Boycom Cablevision, Inc as your internet service provider. We know that this will be an inconvenience to you and we hope that we can help make the transition as smooth as possible. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions regarding the matter.